Lafayette, LA: Living Lab for Health Innovation
The CajunCodeFest spawned a healthcare revolution in the heart of Louisiana. Lafayette was recognized as a US Ignite community and became a “Living Lab for Health Innovation” because of its advanced fiber optic network throughout the city and commitment to lead technology innovation in the state. CBIT and its Living Lab partners already have projects in the works regarding aging in place, emergency medicine, childhood obesity and workplace health.
National Science Foundation Center for Visual and Decision Informatics (CVDI)
Established in 2012, the Center for Visual and Decision Informatics is a National Science Foundation (NSF) Industry/University Cooperative Research Center that works in partnership with government, industry, and academia to develop the next-generation visual and decision support tools and techniques that enable decision-makers to significantly improve the way their organization’s information is organized and interpreted. CVDI is recognized for many accomplishments and goals including:
- Completed 34 IAB-funded projects producing over 110 CVDI-related publications, 72 invention disclosures, 4 licensing agreements and 2 patent applications in the first five years
- Nominated by industry members for 2 NSF technology breakthroughs
- Received more than $5.9 million dollars in funding in Years 1 – 5 from industry members, the National Science Foundation and Business Finland
- Focused on becoming a national Center of Excellence in Data Science, Big Data Analytics and Visual Analytics
- Recognized as one of the few international I/UCRC partnerships (with Tampere University of Technology in Finland) and the the only I/UCRC in the state of Louisiana
- Awarded Phase II designation on March 1, 2017 adding academic partners Stony Brook University, University of Virginia and University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Mentored over 113 undergraduate and graduates students encouraging collaborations, internships and jobs with industry members
For more information on industry members and projects, visitwww.nsfcvdi.org.