1. Competition is open to individuals who:
- Are 10-years of age or older
- Are registered online to participate in the event
- Are a resident of the U.S. or have a U.S. visa
2. All competitors must sign the “CajunCodeFest Participation Agreement” before the start of the competition. Minors are required to have their parent or legal guardian sign the agreement.
3. Middle and high school student teams must have at least one adult member/mentor.
4. Each Team may have up to ten (10) members.
5. You may register as an individual (and be matched with a group) or register as an entire team.
6. Each team must appoint a "Team Representative" for receiving communications related to the competition and other team instructions.
7. Specific competition “Challenges” will be announced at the Opening Ceremonies on Wednesday, March 29, 2017.
8. Mentors will be available to answer questions:
- Wednesday night, March 29, after the Opening Ceremonies at Abdalla Hall
- Friday night, March 31, after team set-up at the Picard Center
9. Teams may begin working off-site after the Opening Ceremonies on Wednesday.
10. Teams are welcome to work on-site at the Picard Center beginning Friday, March 31, 2017. Set-up is from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Teams are welcome to work there throughout the night.
11. Teams should bring all computer equipment, electrical cords and adapters needed for on-site coding and for their judging presentation.
12. Each Team will be expected to submit an entry – which includes submitting their code and demonstrating a working app) reflecting the “Smart Communities” theme. Entries must be created within the Challenge timeframe.
13. Each team must submit their code at 12:00pm on Saturday, April 1, 2017 before the judging round begins.
14. Entries will be publicized in advertisements related to CajunCodeFest.
15. Teams will compete to win case and prizes.
16. You may be filmed or photographed while you are participating in CajunCodeFest.
This is NOT a complete list of rules. For complete list, please click here to view the “CajunCodeFest 2017 Participation Agreement”.